According to legend, in 1380, the father prior of the Carthusian Monastery of St. James discovered a beautiful floral water and together with the friar of alchemy, developed the first perfume water of Capri. In 1948 the Prior of the Charterhouse discovered this old recipe and, with permission from the Pope, recreated it into the fragrance that we know today as Fiori di Capri. Thus the brand was born "Carthusia" which is Italian for "Charterhouse".
Nowadays, as in the past, all stages of production are carried out by hand to guarantee the accurate application of the historic methods involved and the precious care of traditional craftsmanship.
The symbol of the company, a beautiful work in liberty style, was created in 1948 by the painter Mario Laboccetta. It portrays a "flower siren" that brings to mind the surreal and mythological landscapes of Capri's heritage. She appears to be in the midst of an evolution, blooming with a myriad of colorful flowers, from which Carthusia perfumes descend, achieving a logo which recalls both art and nature in all their forms.