Class Policies & Terms
By booking any of our workshops, classes or special events you agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
CANCELLATIONS & RESCHEDULING
Individual Workshops – If the cancellation occurs:
- More than 7 days in advance of the workshop date: we will reschedule your booking to an alternative date at no charge, or issue a refund minus a restocking fee. Please note we cannot refund the credit card processing fees and you have prevented us from selling those seats to other guests, so a $25 restocking fee will apply and will be deducted from any refund.
- Within 7 days of your scheduled date we will be unable to refund your payment (NO REFUNDS), but are happy to reschedule your booking or you may always send a friend in your place if you are unable to attend.
- Within 48 hours of your scheduled time: If you don't appear for your reservation or cancel within 48 hours of the reservation time your appointment is nonrefundable and will NOT be rescheduled.
Bridal & Private Event Workshops - Deposits are non-refundable. We will need to have a firm confirmation 7 days in advance of your reserved date. We do have a bit more flexibility if your event was scheduled for a Tuesday-Thursday time slot, but when we take prime times out of inventory we cannot offer to reschedule as we are not guaranteed that we can re-book those spots. If your plans change before the 7 days out mark, please contact us directly to discuss options. Please note we cannot refund the credit card processing fees and you have prevented us from selling those seats to other guests, so a $25 restocking fee will apply and will be deducted from any refund.
Cancellations by INDIEHOUSE modern fragrance bar – Should we need to cancel a workshop due to unforeseen circumstances, shutdowns, or COVID-related issues we will aim to give you as much notice as possible and re-book to an alternative date. In the event that our online booking system fails and a workshop overbooks, we will of course offer a full refund with no penalties or fees.
REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES
Gift certificates, open lab bookings, and workshop bookings are non-refundable and are not permitted to be exchanged for other products.
If we are unable to accept your order (i.e the minimum number of attendees not being reached), we will offer a refund or the option to reschedule you into the next available workshop.
Refunds are otherwise only accepted if an incorrect workshop date is purchased online by the consumer within 24 hours of the purchase. Please contact us directly so that we can assist in moving you into the desired date/time.
Gift certificates for workshops are valid for 12 months from date of purchase. All certificates are non-refundable. Bookings should be made at least 30 days before the end of the validity period. Vouchers cannot be redeemed outside the validity period and will be lost. Vouchers have no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash or product. Please be advised of the following gift card policies:
- Treat the physical or electronic gift card as cash. It will not be replaced if lost or stolen. This card is redeemable for merchandise only. Redeemable at <your company> locations nationwide. Valid two years from the date of purchase.
- Redeemable at <your company> for goods and services not exceeding the remaining credit balance on this card. Treat this card as cash; if it is lost, it will not be replaced. Valid for one (1) year from the date of issue. For gift card balance, terms and expiration date, present this card at <your company>. This card is property of the issuer.
- Your use of this gift card constitutes acceptance of these terms:
This gift card may be applied toward any purchase made at any <your company> location. This gift card is not exchangeable for cash or replaced if lost or stolen. After 2 years of non-use, a $2.00 per month fee will be charged.
- This card is good at all <your company> locations displaying the <your gift card program> symbol. Treat this card as cash; if it is lost, it will not be replaced. This card is subject to the terms of the <your gift card program> agreement. This Gift Card may be applied to the cost of any item in our restaurants or stores. For a list of participating <your company> locations, please call <your phone number>, or visit our web site <your website address>.
Workshop prices may change over time and occasionally we offer special classes that cost more. Third-party resellers may also charge a commission if you are redirected to our site from theirs. A receipt will be emailed to you following your purchase, confirming your booking. If the issuer of your payment card refuses or does not authorize payment, we will not be liable if your first choice class time sells out due to this inconvenience.
We pack our workshops full of fun and interesting information - you won't want to miss a minute! Please make every effort to arrive to the event location 15 minutes prior to class time. If you are late, please check in with a Perfumist and be aware that the workshop may have already started. You will only be permitted to join the class once you have signed all required paperwork. Refunds and partial-refunds are not provided in this instance. Parking in our busy downtown location can be a challenge during peak times, so please plan accordingly that you may experience a 10-15 minute walk from a spot further away.
PRIVATE EVENTS: WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THE CLASS IF YOU/YOUR GROUP IS MORE THAN 15 MINUTES LATE. If you arrive late for your class and we have cancelled the class because you were not in your seat ready to start 15 minutes after class starting time we will make every effort to reschedule you to a future class but this is not promised or guaranteed.
We are not liable for any personal items when you visit our store or studio spaces. Please check to make sure that you have all of your belongings when you leave an area.
You are responsible for any loss or damage to any property of the venue at which a workshop takes place, including our studio.
We do our best to ensure that our website is free from viruses and malware, however, we cannot guarantee that your use of this site will not cause damage to your device. We will not be liable for any data loss or device damage which may arise as a result of using our site.
We do not store payment or credit card information, nor do we share customer information with outside 3rd parties.
Unless stated otherwise in the class description, workshops are suitable for those ages 16+ (or ages 13+ if accompanied by a paying adult). While we are certain that your 10 year old is indeed very responsible and capable, the class covers industry information and makes historical references that would not be enjoyable for younger kids. Please join our mailing list for updates on Spring Break and Summer workshops geared to the younger set!
HEALTH & SAFETY
By attending our workshops and open lab sessions you agree to all our health & safety points found in detail here.
You will have access to aprons, gloves and safety glasses. A majority of the fragrances created in our workshops contain alcohol and are flammable. They should not be used near fire, flame or heat. They should not be swallowed and are for external use only.
Fragrances created during workshops and open-lab sessions are for personal use only. We don’t take responsibility for misuse of the fragrance in private or public spaces. Fragrances created via our workshop classes are not for commercial use.
COPYRIGHT AND CONTENT PROTECTION
Our name “INDIEHOUSE modern fragrance bar”TM and the "ih." Reflection Logo are the property and trade marks of INDIEHOUSE modern fragrance bar.
All content contained within this website (indiehousefragrances.com), all printed and non-printed workshop materials, the design of our labels, our branding and packaging of the perfumes and workshop methodology are the copyright material and/or confidential information of INDIEHOUSE modern fragrance bar (the "INDIEHOUSE modern fragrance bar Materials”). You agree not to copy, use, or share any of the INDIEHOUSE modern fragrance bar Materials without the written and expressed permission of a Member of the Management Team at INDIEHOUSE modern fragrance bar.
Any products and services we may provide to workshop participants (including any perfume created, taken home or refills) are for personal use only. Customers may not sell or re-sell any of the products or services they receive from us. You acknowledge and agree that any perfume created during a workshop is a collaboration between the participant and our company. Any products and services we may provide to you are for personal use only. You may not sell or re-sell any of the products or services you receive from us.